cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Prime Infra 2.1.1 and Nexus 7K

jthullen
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently migrated from our NCS to Prime Infra 2.1.1. Since doing this we have started to import or switching gear into PI in addition to our WLC and MSE appliances. Discovery and inventory of the 3750X and 4500-X switches has been without issue. When we point PI 2.1.1 to a Nexus 7K running a VDC, the switch discovers as a Nexus 9500 instead of a 7K. Anyone else seen this happen? Any work arounds or suggestion on what might be going on? My thought was its discovering a VDC on the 7K and its not the admin VDC. That said our Admin VDC is not configured for SNMP and  we wanted to discover the VDC's that we actually use for client traffic. I should note we have loaded the lastest available device pack to PI as well.

Please advise - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ah OK. The Nexus 7Ks I've managed with PI have been 7010's.

I recommend you open a TAC case to highlight this discrepancy. Even if it doesn't support the device, it should not give you an incorrect description since that is based on the SNMP OID.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I have PI 2.1 with the latest device packs managing a multi-context Nexus 7k with NX-OS 6.2(8a) fine.

I am managing the default VDC

We ran a  discovery of all our Nexus switching last night. Once we did that the patter was easy to see. Any 9 or 10 slot Nexus was fine, any 4-slot Nexus appears as a Nexus 9500 instead of a 7K. I checked the compatibility matrix (latest release through DP 6.0) and support for the 9/10/18 slot is listed. No mention of support for the 4 slot. I believe that is our issue.

Jeff

Ah OK. The Nexus 7Ks I've managed with PI have been 7010's.

I recommend you open a TAC case to highlight this discrepancy. Even if it doesn't support the device, it should not give you an incorrect description since that is based on the SNMP OID.