Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Issue with Prime LMS 4.2.x and Cisco Remote Syslog Collector (RSAC)

Hi everyone,

My company recently purchased Prime LMS 4.2.x and the Cisco Remote Syslog Collector soft appliances (2 separate VM's). I have installed both products and for the most part LMS is working fine except for one thing: When Prime LMS SyslogAnalyzer tries to Subscribe to the Remote SyslogCollector service, it fails. The SyslogAnalyzer  is able to Subscribe with no issues to the SyslogCollector that is running locally, but we want to use the remote collector to offload the processing of syslog messages coming from the devices.This connection between the 2 servers is an SSL connection and Prime reports that the certificates are valid and that the Peer is reachable. However, you can see in the debug logs and in packet captures that there is a failure. I have had a TAC case open for over 3 weeks with very little progress, but hopefully the packet captures will point them in the right direction, Does anyone have any experience with Prime LMS and the Remote Syslog Collector integration, good or bad? How about documentation? The only thing I have found is a short installation appendix in the LMS install guide. Thanks for any insight on this!

John McKay

Everyone's tags (1)
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content