Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Issue with the report generator in RME (LME 3.2)

Hi

We have an issue with Report Generator in RME. This was working fine before but now NO Devices are displayed on the device selector and therefore cannot run any report. I tried re-importing all the devices but still the same. We have 2950 and 3750 cisco switches on the network.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Raoul

3 REPLIES

Re: Issue with the report generator in RME (LME 3.2)

Hi

Any ideas please before I reinstall Ciscoworks?

Thanks

Raoul

Cisco Employee

Post a full pdshow output from the server.  Is the device selector under RME > Devices > Device Management > RME Devices also completely empty?  Do you have "Enable Auto Mode" and "Manage All Devices" selected under RME > Admin > Device Mgmt > Device Management Settings?  Are you integrating with ACS?

Hi Joel

Many thanks for your reply.

The answer to both your questions is Yes. Your questions gave me a hint of where to start looking. I found an error message in the Device management settings:

Error in getting instance of TreeGenerator class
com.cisco.nm.rmeng.inventory.dm.ui.DMTreeGenerator
Root Cause:com.cisco.nm.xms.ctm.common.CTMException: URN_NOT_FOUND : urn "ogs_server_urn" : Not found !!

After googling it, I found a way that the service Windows Remote Management service was runnning and it may have conflicted with RME. I stopped the ciscoworks daemon, stopped the WIndows service and restarted the CW daemon and everything is back to normal.

Many thanks again.

Raoul

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content