cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues restarting CiscoWorks LMS Demo

Kevin Melton
Level 2
Level 2

I am working onsite at a Customer. The customer is considering the purchase of the CiscoWorks Netmgmt app.

We have installed our 90 day CiscoWorks LMS demo; which effectively has Campus Manager, Internet Performance Monitor, and some other components in it.

I was having some issues running Device Discovery; I would use a Seed router, and the scan would come back indicating the router was "unreachable".

After several revolutions of the same issue with Discovery, I decided perhaps it was time to reboot the box.

I did so. Now when I launch the CiscoWorks Icon on the desktop, I get "Page cannot be displayed".

I did a "netstat -a " and I dont see the port that ciscoworks is trying to access running...

any help would be greatly appreciated. I am not sure how I would open a TAC Case on a demo...

thx

Kevin Melton

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is this a demo on Windows or Solaris?

This is a Windows 2003 installation...

Check the service startup parameters. You should have CiscoWorks Daemon Manager set to Automatic, and other CiscoWorks services set to Manual. You should also check the Event Viewer and NMSROOT\MDC\Apache\logs\error.log for possible errors.

I did check the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager and it was set to Automatic. Didn't find any errors.

I went ahead (since this is a new install) and performed an uninstall, and then a reinstall.

Much to my dismay, after the re-intallation, I got the same "Page cannot be displayed message" when Ciscoworks tries to hit port 1741...

There has to be some errors in either the Event Viewer or in the error.log file assuming Daemon Manager is starting. Please post the output of the pdshow command.

Here is the output from the "pdshow" command as requested. Thanks for your help on this....

C:\Documents and Settings\kevin>pdshow

ERROR: connect to dmgtd process on "127.0.0.1" on port 42340 failed:

C:\Documents and Settings\kevin>

So Daemon Manager is not up. What happens when you run "net start crmdmgtd"?

This is the result:

C:\Documents and Settings\kevin.BOARSHEADINN.000>net start crmdmgtd

The service name is invalid.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 2185.

C:\Documents and Settings\kevin.BOARSHEADINN.000>

Here is the correct output. What was formerly posted was from the incorrect remote session. This one is from the one where CiscoWorks is trying to start...

C:\Documents and Settings\kevin>net start crmdmgtd

The CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service is starting.

The CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service could not be started.

The service did not report an error.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534.

C:\Documents and Settings\kevin>

This is what I did next:

C:\Documents and Settings\kevin>NET HELPMSG 3534

The service did not report an error.

This is really weird. I have tried uninstalling CiscoWorks Demo and reinstalling at this point, and it still will not start...

Please post your latest install log.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: