Views
Helpful
Replies

Issues with Cisco Network assistant

ashique84
Level 1
Level 1

Hello....

I recently joined a company as Network Admin. Our senior network admin asked to use the cisco network assistant. O have installed it on my machine and when i try to connect to an existing community which the senior agent has created, I am getting an error

"Unable  to determine the IP address of the specified device. A hostname should  be specified only if it has a DNS entry. If not, the IP address of the  device has to be specified". What do i need to do??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CNA communities are specific to the local PC installation. You need to define and create the community on your machine to connect to it.

Also, as noted in the CNA help file:

To connect Network Assistant, use the Connect window to choose

Note: A hostname can be used only if a DNS server has been set up        to resolve it. If the hostname is the same as a community name, Network        Assistant connects to the community.    

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CNA communities are specific to the local PC installation. You need to define and create the community on your machine to connect to it.

Also, as noted in the CNA help file:

To connect Network Assistant, use the Connect window to choose

Note: A hostname can be used only if a DNS server has been set up        to resolve it. If the hostname is the same as a community name, Network        Assistant connects to the community.    

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: