Views
Helpful
Replies

Java error for Topology Services on LMS 2.6

adilaibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We currently using LMS 2.6 running on windows server 2003 and for about some period of time we did disconnected the server and just reconnect back. Noticed that we were unable to launch the topology services. Whenever we try to launch the topology services, windows for ANI Server initialize will appear then nothing happened once the windows gone. Only blank grey screen.

Server and client using same java version, clear IE and Java cache but the problem is still there. How can we fix this so that we can view this topology services. Installed Java Plug-in ver 1.4.2_10 for server and client.

Please find the launching topology service screen capture and java error as attached.

Thank in advance.

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

First login to the CiscoWorks LMS server itself and try running Topology Services and ensure that firewall is disabled. Does it work from the server itself ? If so, then the client on the workstation is the issue.  Remove the JRE plugin from the client and then go to  Topology Services so that it will prompt for installation.

Next, the netstat you provide still shows CiscoWorks LMS daemons as running for netstat_daemonstop.txt.txt.zip . Please ensure that all the services are completely stopped when doing the netstat -a -n -o -b including IPM and other CiscoWorks daemons .  If the processes are hung, you should reboot the server to clear out the ports or terminate each process individually including javaw.exe .

Go to Common Services --> Software Center --> Software Update and post the screenshot of the software version you are running.

View solution in original post

1. Go to CSCOpx\lib\vbroker\gatekeeper.cfg and comment out the section fro multi-home properties section by placing "#" in front of the values below.

• vbroker.gatekeeper.backcompat.callback.host=10.10.6.6
      • vbroker.se.exterior.host=10.10.6.6
      • vbroker.se.iiop_tp.host=10.10.6.6
      • vbroker.se.interior.host=10.10.6.6

Save the files, stop the ciscoworks daemons services, and restart LMS.  Is this a multi-homed server ?

2. Verify the DNS settings by doing an nslookup against "cwth" and ensure that its mapped to the ip address of 10.10.6.6 .

3. This is not related to the topology error but you are running Campus Manager 4.0.6 and the current version is 4.0.13, you can run an update from Common Services ---> Software Center ---> Software update --> Select all the applications ---> Download updates.  The updates will only be downloaded so you must run the installers separately.

The error implies you are trying to delete unreachable and unmanage devices from Campus Manager. I think the best thing at this point is to move forward with the upgrade recommended and see if the problem persists in CM 4.0.13.

Thanks for the update.

What version of client software are you running ? (i.e. Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Linux , Mac )

What version of the browser are you using ?

Test this out with IE6 if possible or Firefox running the supported JRE client.

Since you have other JRE's installed, remove them all completely.

1. Remove and uninstall any JRE client plugins you have on your client. (i.e. Client meaning desktop OS)

2. Clear  cache from Java Web Start > File --> Preferences --> Advanced" tab > Clear Folder.

3. Verify the file:

NMSROOT/campus/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/ani/clients/lib/util/LoadXmlProperties.class exists .

4. Create a new users account on your workstation and try accessing the topology services .

5. If it does not work on your workstation, test it out on a Windows XP workstation, not Windows Vista or Windows 7.

For these devices, if they are still in the DCR, remove them and re-add to LMS.

2010/05/17 13:16:02 ERROR DeviceManager: Unable to find device id=17748 for setting Sysname = VTBHA-HQQ-CE01-PEG01

2010/05/17 13:16:02 ERROR DeviceManager: Unable to find device id=5553 for setting Sysname = HQ-L13-C6506-01

15 Replies 15

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

Post the ani.log from CSCOpx/log director and pdshow output . When you say you disconnected, did you  power down the server and shutdown the CiscoWorks daemons services beforehand ?

Hi Nael,

Thank you for your reply.

FYI, we did shutdown the Ciscoworks daemon services before the server being disconnected.

As requested, please find the ani.log and pdshow as attach.

Thank you.

1. Post the netstat -a -o -n -b output while  CiscoWorks daemon manager is running.

2. Post the netstat -a -o -n -b while CiscoWorks daemon manager is shutdown.

3. From CSCOpx/log directory post RMEGatekeepr.log .

4. And finally get the CSCOpx/lib/vbroker/gatekeepr.cfg file.

Please find the attachments.

Thank you

First login to the CiscoWorks LMS server itself and try running Topology Services and ensure that firewall is disabled. Does it work from the server itself ? If so, then the client on the workstation is the issue.  Remove the JRE plugin from the client and then go to  Topology Services so that it will prompt for installation.

Next, the netstat you provide still shows CiscoWorks LMS daemons as running for netstat_daemonstop.txt.txt.zip . Please ensure that all the services are completely stopped when doing the netstat -a -n -o -b including IPM and other CiscoWorks daemons .  If the processes are hung, you should reboot the server to clear out the ports or terminate each process individually including javaw.exe .

Go to Common Services --> Software Center --> Software Update and post the screenshot of the software version you are running.

Hi Nael,

The firewall is off and I did try run the topology services on the server itself. No luck. Still got the same error message on the java console and topology does not appear.

Sorry, my mistake. Forgot to make sure all of the Ciscoworks LMS daemon are totally shutdown. I only stop the Daemon Manager not the other services with Automatic start type.

Please find the new netstat output and current software version screen capture as attached.

Thank you.

1. Go to CSCOpx\lib\vbroker\gatekeeper.cfg and comment out the section fro multi-home properties section by placing "#" in front of the values below.

• vbroker.gatekeeper.backcompat.callback.host=10.10.6.6
      • vbroker.se.exterior.host=10.10.6.6
      • vbroker.se.iiop_tp.host=10.10.6.6
      • vbroker.se.interior.host=10.10.6.6

Save the files, stop the ciscoworks daemons services, and restart LMS.  Is this a multi-homed server ?

2. Verify the DNS settings by doing an nslookup against "cwth" and ensure that its mapped to the ip address of 10.10.6.6 .

3. This is not related to the topology error but you are running Campus Manager 4.0.6 and the current version is 4.0.13, you can run an update from Common Services ---> Software Center ---> Software update --> Select all the applications ---> Download updates.  The updates will only be downloaded so you must run the installers separately.

Hi Nael,

Not sure if the version is the matter but I haven't update anything yet. I'm still curious what makes the topology services doesn't appear.

Can it cause from the Data Collection matter? because fyi, when I click at the 'devices' under Status on the Campus Manager Home, there's notification appeared. Even after I performed the Data Collection, the status changed from 'Running' to 'Idle', the notification appear saying 'Data Collection is running, please try again later' is appear.

And one more thing, I found this error on the stdout.log:

ERROR AniClient: command Base:doIt because org.omg.CORBA.BAD_PARAM:   minor code: 0  completed: No
WARNING AniClient: no listener defined for aniClient: admin@ANIServer5.0.3-cwth

Just want to know, why this error occured. I attached together the stdout.log.

Sorry if all of this has nothing to do regarding my problem and that is why i am referring to you...

Thank you.

The error implies you are trying to delete unreachable and unmanage devices from Campus Manager. I think the best thing at this point is to move forward with the upgrade recommended and see if the problem persists in CM 4.0.13.

Hi,

I did upgraded to Campus Manager 4.0.13 from 4.0.6, Common Services 3.0.6 from 3.05 and Java plug-in 1.4.2_15 from 1.4.2_10.

Perform Device Discovery, Data Collection, UT Acquisition and leave the server running for 2 days.

But Topology services still didn't appear. Does this related with the java version because when I execute 'java -version' on the command prompt, the output is not same with the java console version. Is there any setting that I should do?

Thank you

Thanks for the update.

What version of client software are you running ? (i.e. Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Linux , Mac )

What version of the browser are you using ?

Test this out with IE6 if possible or Firefox running the supported JRE client.

Since you have other JRE's installed, remove them all completely.

1. Remove and uninstall any JRE client plugins you have on your client. (i.e. Client meaning desktop OS)

2. Clear  cache from Java Web Start > File --> Preferences --> Advanced" tab > Clear Folder.

3. Verify the file:

NMSROOT/campus/www/classpath/com/cisco/nm/ani/clients/lib/util/LoadXmlProperties.class exists .

4. Create a new users account on your workstation and try accessing the topology services .

5. If it does not work on your workstation, test it out on a Windows XP workstation, not Windows Vista or Windows 7.

For these devices, if they are still in the DCR, remove them and re-add to LMS.

2010/05/17 13:16:02 ERROR DeviceManager: Unable to find device id=17748 for setting Sysname = VTBHA-HQQ-CE01-PEG01

2010/05/17 13:16:02 ERROR DeviceManager: Unable to find device id=5553 for setting Sysname = HQ-L13-C6506-01

Nael Mohammad
Level 5
Level 5

One more thing, post the following results:

telnet  42342

telnet 42342

Hi Nael,

i really appreciate your reply. As for the information you required:

For OS:

-Workstation Win Server 2003 SP2

-Client is using Win XP Pro SP2

For Browser:

-Both are using IE6

-There is no other JRE installed inside workstation and client except Java plug-in 1.4.2_15.

I've followed all of the requirement:

1. Removed all of the JRE installed on client.

2. Java cache + IE chache cleared (on workstation)

3. 'LoadXmlProperties.class' is exist

4. New user created and access ciscoworks through workstation using new user -> still nothing appear

5. access ciscoworks on other XP workstation (my laptop using Win XP home edition SP 3) -> still nothing appear.

Thank you

Please be noted that both server and client are connected on the same network.

we only add the server ip and server hostname on the client host file.

HTH

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: