Views
Helpful
Replies

java.lang.NullPointerException: on job creation

matt.walls
Level 1
Level 1

Ciscoworks RME is giving

"java.lang.NullPointerException:" on job creation when in netconfig.

from Java Console:

java.lang.NullPointerException: DEBUG-JSComm()^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

When I increase the trace on the java console and try to create a job,

I get the exception error in CW and message repeated of "Modality Popped" in java console.

One thing that changed was that i reloaded an IDU RME package, as for some reason some of my devices (ones that should be supported, ie 1841 rtrs) were showing as not supported. After I did that it fixed that issue?.

But looks like it created this new mess.

Not much in the logs to debug this?

Any ideas on where to be looking for the issue? or to turn on some monitoring level to see where problem exists.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of CiscoWorks are you running? Besides RME, what other CiscoWorks applications do you have installed? what IDU version did you reload?

CiscoWorks Common Services with SP3 2.2

Monitoring Center for Performance 2.0.2

IDS Management Center 2

Resource Manager Essentials 3.5

Security Monitor 2

RME3_5_IDU -13_0: Resource Manager Essentials 3.5 Incremental Device Update 13.0

Ah, VMS as well. You need to reapply the RME compatibility patch for VMS 2.3 SP3. This can be found at http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/vms-3des (you want the RME update for RME 3.5 for VMS 2.3/SP3 patch). Note: install everything, but when it asks you if you want to install RME 3.5 IDU 9.0, say NO.