Views
Helpful
Replies

Layer 2 View in Campus Manager-Links are Red

gmaccisco1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I was wondering why some of the links in the layer 2 view of the campus manager Topology Services are Red/

I know that the links are up and I cannot see any problems with those links but many of them are in Red???

Any thoughts???

Apprciate your help.

Thx,

Masood

4 Replies 4

n.bowbridge
Level 1
Level 1

The first thing that I would check is SNMP and CDP at either end of the link. Maybe try an SNMP walk via Device centre to ensure correct operation.

Hi and thanks for your response. I do agree with you that this problem must be due to one of these services. how to do an SNMP walk? what is the device centre?

Thx,

Masood

ziryababbas
Level 1
Level 1

Dear friend,

about this problem i facwd one like it before and look, i had a cisco works 2000 installed but i didn't do the update for it so later on i got this new LRE switches for my work and i know that it is working good but in the managment program it is marked as RED so my solution was to update the managment so it will support this new switches :) ok

Thanks for your response. I beleive when a device Icon itself is red then it has to do withthe compatibility of the device itself but not the links between the devices.

what I think, it might be due to the CDP that I have disabled in my network for security reasons but I am still waiting for more input from other frinds to see what is involved.

Thx,

Masood