cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

License Manager won't add PAK to vWLC

neilrmessick
Level 1
Level 1

I have a small enviroment and purchased the Virtual Wireless Lan Controller to manage my wireless AP's. Great product, breeze to setup.. however the licensing of this is a bear. There is no good documentation on how to do this, just a place to upload an LIC file. I contacted my local cisco vendor who sold me a PAK auth key. I'm learning now that you need to use the license manager to create and load the key into the program. So.. I setup the program, add the PAK, and the device, but I can't seem to generate the license. The program throws an error that says Fault : Error in the license acquisiton module call. Error code 6020. With no real direction on how to fix it. I can't find anything on Google. Can someone help? I have no way to open anything with TAC, and my reseller seems clueless.

Good product... but this is a joke! I should not have to download and install a 300mb file just to license this simple thing.

6 Replies 6

neilrmessick
Level 1
Level 1

bump... no help? Sucks to spend $600 for a license and have no where to go for help.

bit of help please? anyone?

Have you tried to register it on www.cisco.com/go/license
Else try send an Email to license@cisco.com

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

license @cisco.com bounces back. address is no good.

The online license tool looks easier, but I still have trouble. Since this is virtual it has no serial number tag with the UDI. The vWLC itself has this in the managment tool..

UDI :

Product Identifier DescriptionAIR-CTVM-K9
Version Identifier DescriptionV01
Serial NumberVMware-42
Entity NameChassis
Entity DescriptionCisco Wireless Controller

however the PID and serial don't take in the license tool. I'm still stuck.

lhtnetwork
Level 1
Level 1

licensing@cisco.com is The right Email address. Sorry for the typo.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I have this resolved. Turns out some bug in the vWLC changed the serial number of my install into some name it dug up in my vmware installation. I did a clean install, and that one had a valid serial number. Weird.