cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

License Manager won't add PAK to vWLC

neilrmessick
Level 1
Level 1

I have a small enviroment and purchased the Virtual Wireless Lan Controller to manage my wireless AP's. Great product, breeze to setup.. however the licensing of this is a bear. There is no good documentation on how to do this, just a place to upload an LIC file. I contacted my local cisco vendor who sold me a PAK auth key. I'm learning now that you need to use the license manager to create and load the key into the program. So.. I setup the program, add the PAK, and the device, but I can't seem to generate the license. The program throws an error that says Fault : Error in the license acquisiton module call. Error code 6020. With no real direction on how to fix it. I can't find anything on Google. Can someone help? I have no way to open anything with TAC, and my reseller seems clueless.

Good product... but this is a joke! I should not have to download and install a 300mb file just to license this simple thing.

6 Replies 6

neilrmessick
Level 1
Level 1

bump... no help? Sucks to spend $600 for a license and have no where to go for help.

bit of help please? anyone?

Have you tried to register it on www.cisco.com/go/license
Else try send an Email to license@cisco.com

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

license @cisco.com bounces back. address is no good.

The online license tool looks easier, but I still have trouble. Since this is virtual it has no serial number tag with the UDI. The vWLC itself has this in the managment tool..

UDI :

Product Identifier DescriptionAIR-CTVM-K9
Version Identifier DescriptionV01
Serial NumberVMware-42
Entity NameChassis
Entity DescriptionCisco Wireless Controller

however the PID and serial don't take in the license tool. I'm still stuck.

lhtnetwork
Level 1
Level 1

licensing@cisco.com is The right Email address. Sorry for the typo.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

I have this resolved. Turns out some bug in the vWLC changed the serial number of my install into some name it dug up in my vmware installation. I did a clean install, and that one had a valid serial number. Weird.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: