cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

License Server/Daemon Manager is down. Please check license.log for more information.

pschwalger
Level 1
Level 1

I am having trouble with License Server / Daemon Manager when running LMS 3.1..

I have looked through this forum and checked that the following services are set correctly to Manual

CiscoWorks ANI database engine
CiscoWorks RME NG database engine
CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet engine
CiscoWorks Web Server
CWAWFEngine database engine
CWCS Cmf database engine
DFM dfmEpm database engine
DFM dfmInv database engine
DFM dfmFh database engine
OpxXMLRuntime

I have triedshutting down the Daemon Manager and forcing the databases to close down (hoping that the transaction log might be the problem but so far no joy.. Was running okay for some months on Windows 2003 as a VM.

Packages installed are as follows...

Just about to give up and do a fresh install....any assistance would be appreciated.

Many thanks, Peter.

NameVersionLicense StatusSize
CiscoWorks  Common Services3.2.0LicensedNot applicable
Campus  Manager5.1.0Purchased100
CiscoView6.1.8LicensedNot applicable
CiscoWorks  Assistant1.1.0LicensedNot applicable
Device  Fault Manager3.1.0Purchased100
Internetwork  Performance Monitor4.1.0Purchased100
Integration  Utility1.8.0LicensedNot applicable
LMS  Portal1.1.0LicensedNot applicable
Resource  Manager Essentials4.2.0Purchased100
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It looks like you're seeing CSCte49301.  Follow the release note steps to solve this:

Symptom:

The EssentialsDM daemon hangs in a Waiting to initialize state (as seen in the output of the pdshow command).  Additionally, one might see "Error connecting to JRM" in Resource Manager Essentials applications.

Conditions:

This occurs on Windows servers after the patch for KB968930 is installed, and only if the Windows Remote Management service was started prior to starting CiscoWorks Daemon Manager. 

Workaround:

Shutdown CiscoWorks Daemon Manager with the following command from the server's command prompt:

net stop crmdmgtd

Delete the following two files:

NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\ctmregistry

NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\ctmregistry.backup

Restart CiscoWorks Daemon Manager with the following command:

net start crmdmgtd

If that does not work, then the Windows Remote Management service must be stopped, and disabled.  Then, CiscoWorks Daemon Manager must be restarted.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the output of the pdshow command from the server.

pdshow attached...thanks

It looks like you're seeing CSCte49301.  Follow the release note steps to solve this:

Symptom:

The EssentialsDM daemon hangs in a Waiting to initialize state (as seen in the output of the pdshow command).  Additionally, one might see "Error connecting to JRM" in Resource Manager Essentials applications.

Conditions:

This occurs on Windows servers after the patch for KB968930 is installed, and only if the Windows Remote Management service was started prior to starting CiscoWorks Daemon Manager. 

Workaround:

Shutdown CiscoWorks Daemon Manager with the following command from the server's command prompt:

net stop crmdmgtd

Delete the following two files:

NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\ctmregistry

NMSROOT\MDC\tomcat\webapps\rme\WEB-INF\lib\ctmregistry.backup

Restart CiscoWorks Daemon Manager with the following command:

net start crmdmgtd

If that does not work, then the Windows Remote Management service must be stopped, and disabled.  Then, CiscoWorks Daemon Manager must be restarted.

Thank you very much Josephthat did the trick, I should have mentioned that Windows patches had been installed and also that RME was not seeing the devices from CS but you certainly hit the nail on the head.

I had to disable the Windows Remote Management service and then restart CiscoWorks Daemon Manager

Really appreciate your help and the help to be gleaned from this forum...many thanks, Peter.

Super Stuff .. Joesph

i was stuck at this for a long time , resolved now thanks to you.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: