cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Licensing Problem

Greetings

I have installed the LMS2.5 couple of months before along with the license key.

Couple of days before I tried to install the VMS for IPS on the same Machine. Somehow the installation was unsuccessful and I had to uninstall the VMS from the system. Since uninstall of VMS now whenever i open any application like RME, CM,DFM etc i get the message that I am running the evaluation software which will expire after 90 days.

If I look into the licensing info window under Common Services, the licensing for every product is showing as never expired.

I have tried to update the licensing file again but all of the time I get the message of 90 day evaluation.

Does anyone have idea what is going on?

Regards

Mansoor

1 REPLY
Red

Re: Licensing Problem

If you are on Windows, open a DOS shell and issue the command:

pdterm LicenseServer

Go to CSCOpx\etc\licenses

Delete all *.lic files (NOTE: LMS***.lic file should not be copied to this

directory directly. If it is there, move it to some other directory.)

Back to the DOS shell and issue the command:

pdexec LicenseServer

Update the LMS**.lic file from the UI from Server->Admin->Licensing

(The LMS**.lic should be in some other directory other than $NMSROOT/etc/licenses and must have read permission for casuser)

Close all the browser sessions and open a new browser and launch the CiscoWorks and check for the popup message.

If you are on Solaris:

cd /opt/CSCOpx/bin

./pdterm LicenseServer

cd /opt/CSCOpx/etc/licenses

rm *.lic files

(NOTE: LMS***.lic file should not be copied to this directory directly. If it is there, move it to some other directory)

cd /opt/CSCOpx/bin

./pdexec LicenseServer

Update the LMS**.lic file from the UI from Server->Admin->Licensing

(The LMS**.lic should be in some other directory other than $NMSROOT/etc/licenses and must have read permission for casuser)

Close all the browser sessions and open a new browser and launch the CiscoWorks and check for the popup message.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content