Views
Helpful
Replies

limit of 10 000 messages for syslog"s

laptev.valery
Level 1
Level 1

I am using LMS 3.2  as syslog server.

I have set purge settings. Ther is enaughe free space on a disk. But when the nmber of syslog messeges increases up to 10 000. it stops to collect them.

So all messages will be lost if it is fool.

How can I change 10 000 limit for about 100 000 ???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

Are you running the report job as an IMMEDIATE job? I seem to remember that this will limit the output to 10,000 syslog entries.

If you run the job as SCHEDULED, run it ONCE with a start time of say 5 minutes from the current time, I think it should show all syslog entries.

Give it a go anyway.

Pete

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you're referring to the "SLCA0131: There are more than 10000 records generated for this date range.

Only 10000 records are being displayed, starting with the records generated on the end date." message when generating a syslog report, I don't think the answer has changed since this thread below:

http://supportforums.cisco.com/message/638820#638820Re: Cisco works cant display more then 10k of syslog error

Your syslogs are not being lost though. You can still view them in the raw syslog_info file(s) on the CLI.

to:

Thank you for help!
Very sad)
So, to see my syslogs i should search them on yhe device?(CLI run sh log) or I can chek them on ciscoworks server?

Hi,

Are you running the report job as an IMMEDIATE job? I seem to remember that this will limit the output to 10,000 syslog entries.

If you run the job as SCHEDULED, run it ONCE with a start time of say 5 minutes from the current time, I think it should show all syslog entries.

Give it a go anyway.

Pete

That works indeed.

Regards Marco