Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Link 2 Network

i have a problem that in my site there is 2 networks one of them has an access to the internet(network1) through ISA 2004 and the other network doesn't have any access to the internet(Network2) cause it has a critical server and these server doesn't have any kind of antivirus client or any kind of protection (prevented from the provider) and now i'm in need to have an access from the internet network (network1)to the the application on network2 (Web application and videos also)or give the network2 users an access to the internet without having any risk on the network 2 servers ( worms or virus) we afraid if the network2 users has this access to the internet or link network 1 with network 2 we afraid it might affect network2 servers specially it doesn't have any kind of antivirus or anti spywareware so what is the best solution and cisco devices to protect network 2 servers

John

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Link 2 Network

What you need to place between the 2 networks is a firewall that regulates who can talk what protocol to who.

This could be a pix, this could be nokia/checkpoint, this could be a cisco router running a firewall image. Depends on your budget.

The better you define who can do what (because they need it to do the job) the better the protection for the second network.

Cheers,

Michel

Views
Helpful
Replies