Helpful
Replies

Listing newly discovered devices in Campus Manager

henniae
Level 1
Level 1

LMS 2.5.1

Windows 2000

Is it possible to produce a report from Campus that lists newly discovered devices? Let's say I have 5000 devices discovered so far. A new discovery is done and Campus finds 50 more devices. I would like to have a report of what those 50 new devices are. I would like to be able to produce this report at the whim of my management. They are interested in keeping a running total of device that are discovered.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you go to Campus Manager -- Admin -- Reports you can select the report Data Collection Metrics and generate it

Once you do it, it will show the collections, and a column showing newly discovered devices

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you go to Campus Manager -- Admin -- Reports you can select the report Data Collection Metrics and generate it

Once you do it, it will show the collections, and a column showing newly discovered devices

miheg
Level 5
Level 5

I get a report like that from the DCR.

I scheduled an export of the devices to a .CSV file. Next I grep all lines that cary:

,myROcommstring,,,,,,,,,,,

as the newly discovered devices only have a RO community string set I can easily seperate them from the older ones that have the RW community and the login credetials set as well.

Regards,

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: