cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.2 + 2.5 UR upgrade: CD install order

drumrb0y
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to migrate our LMS onto a new virtual server, but I'm missing the 2.5 upgrade CD and wound up blowing two install attempts before I discovered the missing CD - imagine the chaos of having to image each CD and then install off of those...

Anyways... Can I get a clear order in which I should install the CDs?

For example:

1. Common Services 2.2

2. RME 3.5

3. CM 3.3

4. DFM 1.2

then,

5. Common Services 2.5

6. RME 4.0

7. Network Monitor 2.6

8. DFM 2.0

I don't want to open a TAC case for something so trivial, but rebuilding the server a second time isn't a good option and I've been without LMS operational for a good 6 months.

Thanks,

Marc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The only thing that's mandatory is Common Services. You can install the rest of the CDs, then install RME when it arrives.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You don't need to install LMS 2.2 at all. Just install the 2.5 CDs, update to 2.5.1, then update to LMS 2.6. Once that's done, you will be nagged until you validate your LMS 2.2 license. Run the validateupgrade program, insert your RME 3.5 CD, and that will take care of everything but DFM.

For DFM, run the dfmValidateUpgrade script, insert the DFM 1.2 CD, and you should be set.

Thanks - that saves me several steps and a lot of time;

Can you please list the 2.5 CDs for me, so I can verify the one I'm missing and in what order I should optimally install them?

Common Services 3.0

RME 4.0

Campus 4.0

IPM 2.6

DFM 2.0

Thanks much;

I'm working on getting the missing RME 4.0 CD replaced through my vendor; once I get that I'll be rolling.

The only thing that's mandatory is Common Services. You can install the rest of the CDs, then install RME when it arrives.

Good point; I'm able to begin the process of installing, then.

Could you please link the URL to the CWLMS 2.5 updates patch?

Thanks,

Marc

I was under the impression that IPM 2.6 replaced CM 3.3; it appears that my CM 4.0 CD is missing also, if I do need both.

Dang.

That's what I get for handing the whole CD set to the Server admins and expecting it all to be back in the box when I get it back...

IPM and Campus Manager are two very different things.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: