Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5.1 + ACS 3.3.2

nickmaiolo
Level 1
Level 1

Howdy,

Ive recently installed the lms 2.5.1 update onto a solaris installation. At the same time, i changed the authentication to use ACS. This is working perfectly fine for everything GUI based after playing with some custom roles within ACS.

I had an export running on a nightly basis from user tracking. Using the admin account, i created a default layout and default query and this worked perfectly.

Now CiscoWorks is using ACS for authentication, the export doesnt work correctly. It doesnt seem to pick up any queries that ive created. If i use my pre-defined query (export), and my custom layout (layout), then i get a text file with just the column headers. I have added the user admin to ACS with the relevant priviledges.

Syntax for command is below:

./ut -cli -query export -layout custom -export export.txt -debug -u admin -p password

However, if i change the query to all, i get the entire database exported to the command line in the correct layout. It seems as though the command isnt picking up the user preferences for queries.

Is this a known problem or something there is a fix/workaround for? Or should i raise a TAC for this?

1 Reply 1

Not applicable

In CS mode, you can perform any operation on the device view as well as perform any operation on all the devices, if authorized for the corresponding tasks.

In ACS mode, you can view the devices. However, you are not allowed to perform a task for which you have no authorization. Check out if the authorization is enabled for the admin user.