cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5.1 and User Tracking Data Export

ppoiron
Level 1
Level 1

I've just migrated from LMS 2.2 to LMS 2.5.1.

Is there a way to schedule an export easily the user tracking for hosts and phones as we had previously in LMS 2.2 ?

Thanks in advance,

Patrice

11 Replies 11

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

After you run the Report, you may export it by clicking on the Export icon. It is in the top left corner of the window, next to the Print icon.

Thank you but it is not exactly what I need.

I would like to have an automatic scheduled export in a text file without having to save it manually.

We had that before in LMS 2.2 and I didn't find it in LMS 2.5.1.

Patrice

Hello Patrice,

maybe you are looking for something like that.

I use that for genereating statistics!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2421/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00804fc567.html#wp1278119

I hope this is what you are looking for.

Best regards,

Frank

Thanks Frank,

This could be interesting for DCR / DFM devices.

In fact, I'm looking for a tool which can export automatically the contents of User Tracking for hosts and IP Phones.

I found that ut -cli command could be an alternative for that.

Best regards,

Patrice

That feature was another reason I went back to 2.2

Huh? I thought ut -cli is present in LMS 2.5. Are you saying it's not, or broken?

UT is in 2.5 but it looks and functions way different, for example instead of a single web page you have to scroll through multple pages approx. 25 IP's at a time. I also didn't see the auto archiving like the 2.2 did. I may not be the best source though, I used it for a couple of weeks and I couldn't stand it, so I went back to 2.2

I used scheduled scripts for exporting the hosts UT:

ut -cli -query all -u user -p password -export hosts.csv

and for the phones UT:

ut -cli -queryPhone all -u user -p password -export phones.csv

and you can treat these files with excel or any DB.

But unfortunately, auto archiving disappeared with 2.5

I am not sure if this is what you were looking for but if you go to Campus - UserTracking - Reports -Report Generator

then you can select "End Hosts" as the application and "All Host Entries" as the Report type. After that you have the opportunity to schedule this report on a per daily / weekly /monthly basis or just run it immediate or only once.

This is on LMS 2.5.1 - perhaps they readded this feature with SP3 because someone complained about this missing feature...so shall we look forward that Cisco sometimes tries to make LMS usefull ;-)

MArtin

Careful Martin... :)

We are listening.

We've had the Report Generator AND UT CLI capabilities even in the Feb 2005 LMS 2.5 FCS release. It must have been there because it was part of the CiscoWorks LMS 2.5 Technorial at Networkers last summer that I did with a co-worker.

Jason,

:) You did the presentation ok, but who made the presentation pictures / drafts - sales or technical staff - I mean was the feature planned or implemented ? :)

that´s my hope that there is anybody out there who is listening..

In another thread you said we should post questions about features: here is one:

I cannot find the option to filter for specific Hosts / IPAddresses in UT scheduled jobs:

if one select EndHost there is only the option for AllHost and no possibility to filter for IP or Hostname (incl. filter with wildcards).

If that is correct I think it is worth for a feature enhancement.

and another one for RME -NetConfig:

in LMS 2.2 there was an option to deploy a config just to the start-up and not the running config of a device - I cannot find this any more.

To prepare a spare switch as a replacement for a failed switch this option would be really helpful. Along with the option to deploy a config out from the archive to any IP - even RME has no device with this IP in its DB. I didn´t found a way to do this workflow.

I can mail you a detailed description of the circumstances where this is needed (I think there a many customers who need this) and how the workflow should be done to be close to a practical environment

regards,

MArtin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: