Helpful
Replies

lms 2.5.1/ cm 4.0.4/ dfm 2.0.4

rhub
Level 1
Level 1

hi everybody

i have the following question regarding path analysis in campus mgr:

for some reason I don't see the layer-2-path and its devices, such as access-switches

device fault manager:

i have defined email-notification and out of this notification via sms-gateway which works perfectly but we get to many mails and sms-messages (e.g.messages from the device itself, messages from the interface and so on) in case of dfm-alerts. is there a possibility to set any parameters which helps to decrease the number of notification-messages ?

any hints or tips for regarding these 2 questions are very welcome and appreciated

thanks in advance

roman

2 Replies 2

b.kokken
Level 1
Level 1

Roman,

Path analysis: this might be because you have disabled IP redirects.

We have the same problem. CM states that the VLAN mapping table is not complete. But there are REALLY LIMITED number of mappings in this table. I found that IP redirects should be allowed in order to have path analysis to work.

Bas Kokken

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For DFM:

You might want to modify your Notification Groups and modify if you are sending Critical, Warning and Informational Alerts or Events.

You can also look at your event sets to see if all events are needed to be sent.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: