cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5.1 RME Inventory RME Collector Help!

david.santel
Level 1
Level 1

I am unable to get the collection/inventory to work in RME 4.0.4

It gives me error when i check on validation credentials:

---None of the devices have credential verification data.---

When I check the logs it says:

10.20.1.40 Device type not supported.

Job Type: Inventory Collection

Job Owner: admin

Start Time: Sat Mar 29 15:36:35 PST 2008

End Time: Sat Mar 29 15:36:37 PST 2008

Schedule Type: Immediate

Device Summary

Device Details: 10.20.1.40

Total: 1

Scanned: 1

Pending: 0

Successful: No Changes: 0

Failed: 1

Successful: With Changes: 0

I can see in LMS both my switches setup with SNMP. I can view them in DFM and CS and they were

discover in Common services without issue. I have checked and double checked SNMP read string

and telnet ID and Password. Those are all working.

I have verified SNMP is working and can walk the SNMP tree.

Has anyone ran into this before? Any suggestions?

20 Replies 20

Reinstalling from scratch has solved my issue.

Another question:

I have the Data Collection Filter set to VTP Domain. Can I get snmp trap emails with this option checked? Im not receiving any emails with SNMP error info?

Thank gain for the help!

The Data Collection filters have no bearing on traps or emails. They control which devices will be managed by Campus Manager. Therefore, I don't understand your questions.

I am now getting only Minor Alarms. But not recieveing Warnings or Critical alarms via email. Any ideas?

Some how I am not getting the syslogs communicating to Cisco Works. All swithces are pointing to our Cisco Works for SNMP traps.

It sounds like you're moving into DFM and RME syslog analysis. Please start new threads for these questions.

DFM alert identifiers are meaningless. You would need to drill into the alert to get the individual events and their details.

This means either the client can't connect to this device via telnet or the client browser is improperly configured to handle telnet:// URLs. Either way, it doesn't explain why config archive is failing.