cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5.1 to LMS 2.6 Upgrade errors

mputman
Level 1
Level 1

I have been using a 2.5.1 LMS with unlimited license, and today have added the "large file" upgrade on windows to the system.

Since doing this the Ciscoworks is unuseable with the error that the license server is not running. When I do pdshow as suggested I get an error connecting to dmgtd on the 127.0.0.1 42340 error.

I'm running on a 2003 server.

Any help extreamly greatfully received?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This could be an issue with casuser. Please run NMSROOT\setup\support\resetCasuser.exe, follow the on-screen prompts, then see if dmgtd starts. Do NOT change any of the service startup parameters from their defaults.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This indicates that dmgtd is not running. Please send the list of installed services and their startup parameters. Also, check the Application event viewer for any dmgtd-related errors.

thanks, The service is not started in services, when I start the service manually, it pops a box to say it started then stopped, some processes do this when they have nothing to do.....

I've taken the system info dump, I think it has what youre looking for.

no errors in the application log. just says it started.

Could there be a lock file somewhere?

This could be an issue with casuser. Please run NMSROOT\setup\support\resetCasuser.exe, follow the on-screen prompts, then see if dmgtd starts. Do NOT change any of the service startup parameters from their defaults.

Thanks, this has got the dmgtd running again.

I'm a bit confused to know how the startup and Casuser was effected. Could this be due to installing the update using Remote Desktop rather than directly on the server?

If resetCasuser.exe worked, then either someone changed the casuser password or someone changed the server's local policy rights and changed the policies for casuser. I have not seen RDP do this on any of our servers.

I'll try and find out what the clients domain policy might have done to me, or maybe the security people did something while trying to bypass the surfcontrol setup to allow the server access to CCO for device packs etc.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: