cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5.1 Traps Ignored from 3745s

dgahm
Level 8
Level 8

Our routers/switches send traps to both CiscoWorks and HP Openview. A fan failed in a 3745, which OV showed and CW did not. A Sniffer shows the traps getting to the CW server. Further troubleshooting proved that no 3745 traps (tested with Config Management Trap)are displayed (not even as unidentified), but traps from 3725s, 2620s, 2800s, and 7206s all work. SNMP MIB polling works fine for 3745s, and shows appropriate alerts. I tested 4 different 3745s.

Any ideas? Perhaps a known bug?

3 Replies 3

bmerchan
Level 1
Level 1

Hmmmm I have not heard about this before. The usual questions - can you tell me what version of LMS you are using? Of course we have a new set of Service Packs that might help - see http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/cw2000/lan-planner.shtml

Bruce,

Thanks for the response!

I am running LMS 2.5 with Common Services 3.0.4 and DFM 2.0.4. I believe I am current with SPs and patches.

I will email you the debug in a few minutes.

Dave

bmerchan
Level 1
Level 1

Please let us know the dfm version in use. Secondly , can you please switch on debugging for

"Event Processing Adapter" on configuration-->Other configurations--> logging

link for DFM.

With this logging on , please repest the experiment for 3745 and send me the log file /log/dfmLogs/epa/dfmEvents.log

Send to bmerchan@cisco.com