cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5 - 3 questions re. configurability & CM startup

chollingworth
Level 1
Level 1

A number (3) of problems with LMS2.5 - would be great if someone could answer any of them:

1) DFM Event sets, Notification Services - lack of granularity

I am finding that LMS 2.5, DFM 2.0 is far less configurable than the previous version DFM 1.2.5 in LMS 2.2.

I have set up an Event Set for Event 12. 1018 Description: OperationallyDown Severity: Critical and have called this Event Set A. Using Event Sets: Create sets of events to monitor for notifications.

I have then gone into Notification Services, Notification groups and set up a Notification group called: All Routers, and associated it with Event Set A. I have then selected all my routers from RME and added them into the Notification group. Then I have gone into Email Notification, setup an Email Notification of All-Routers-down, and put my email address in the E-mail Recipients box.

As a result of this I get email notifications about all Critical events on our routers, but I cannot restrict these notifications to just "OperationallyDown" events.

In the previous version I could, and only received email notificaitons for OperationallyDown devices.

2) Re. Alerts & Activities - lack of granularity again.

In DFM 2.0, LMS 2.5, I have configured some Views for the Alerts & Activities display. I have found that I can only configure Views on the basis of the type of device. THere is the defualt All Alerts View whioch shows all alerts for all devices. In addition to this I have configured an "All Catalyst4000" View, and an "All Catalyst 6ks" View, but what I really would like to do is configure an "All OperationallyDown" View and I cannot. This was possible in the previous version of DFM and was extremely useful. If anyone can help it would be much apprectiated.

3) More seriously - I am running JRE 1.4.2_08 and am not able to start Campus Manager, Topology Services. Below is a digest of what I get in my Java Console startup, which is followed by a message saying: Cannot Connect to ANI Server, cehck that ANIServer5.0 is runnign and restart CampusManager. Can anyone help? needless to say ANI server is running at the time.

Celia Hollingworth

2 Replies 2

nhabib
Level 9
Level 9

I can only take a guess at number 3:

- is your CiscoWorks server dual homed?

- is there a firewall between the server and the client?

- try disabling the proxy setting on the client and see if it helps

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Your answer re. the firewall was correct. A couple of my firewall guru colleagues (Ian Stubbs & Alex Butcher) sorted it and I was just about to email the list when I spotted your reply. There are others on the list who were having similar problems and I suspect they were for the same reason. Put simply you may have to open a couple of ports on the server firewall.

Cheers,

Celia

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: