Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

LMS 2.5 alert

I keep receiving the following alert from MSFC module. All the IP in the alert are vlan interfaces addresses ON MSFC module and are active. 172.16.1.5 is the one configured on LMS to be managed. I am able to ping all those addresses from LMS station. Why I see the unresponsive error? Thanks

ALERT ID = 00000RU

TIME = Thu 05-Jan-2006 10:10:17 EST

STATUS = Active

SEVERITY = Critical

MANAGED OBJECT = 172.16.1.5

MANAGED OBJECT TYPE = Interfaces and Modules

EVENT DESCRIPTION = 172.16.1.5: Authentication Failure:MinorAlarm; 192.168.100.1 [172.16.1.5]:Duplicate; 172.16.1.5: Cisco Configuration Management Trap:DrAlarm; 172.16.2.5 [172.16.1.5]:Unresponsive; 172.16.21.1 [172.16.1.5]:Unresponsive; 172.16.1.5:Unresponsive;

• Network Management
3 REPLIES

Re: LMS 2.5 alert

Hello,

DFM 2.0 is notorious for holding on to old alerts. What you are experiencing may not be related to the non responsive IP's. It may be alerting you on Duplicate (which do not clear easily either), or the Authentication failure (my guess especially if it's occuring often).

HTH

Thanks for your reply.

U are right. I received these every 10 minutes.So they most likely are cosmetic errors?

I wouldn't say that they are cosmetic. One, or more, of the alerts are occuring. The authentication could relate to an invalid SNMP community string, or using port 23 (telnet) instead of port 22 (SSH) (What does your log say on that device?). Also, is there a duplicate IP on the listed devices? Use your system logs on the listed device for those alerts to see if they are experiencing these conditions.

Views
Helpful
Replies