Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5(campus Manager4.0)

ibrahim_hassan
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

i have an error message "can't connect to ANI server since it is down" when i am trying to open Campus manager administration.

although all other links are workin (topology sevices,user tracking,...).

ANI database service is running.

Thanks,

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

LMS 2.5 is over three years old. You really should consider upgrading to LMS 2.6 SP1. All the updates are freely downloadable from http://www.cisco.com/kobayashi/sw-center/cw2000/lan-planner.shtml .

As for this issue, please post the output of the pdshow command and the NMSROOT/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log.

Hello,

PDshow is not giving any output.

i tried to run it from the "bin" path where Ciscoworks is installed.

If the pdshow command hangs, the problem is one of the CiscoWorks daemons are failing to start. You will need to wait until the pdshow command completes. If you have a failing process, this can take up to an hour after restarting Daemon Manager. Once you have a pdshow output, please post it.

PDshow is not hanging , it is not working and give me an output as the command is incorrect.

"'pdshow' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file."

This is not a good sign. The directory containing pdshow should be in your Path on Windows. Please post the output of the DOS SET command, and the name of the directory into which LMS is installed.

the LMS insatlled in:

C:/programfiles/COPX/bin

i tried to double click on "pdshow" on this directory but also it is not working.

what is you mean by "DOS SET"?

Open a DOS prompt, and type the comment "SET". Post the output.

Also, run the following command from the DOS prompt:

C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\pdshow

What do you see?

Hi,

kindly find attached outputs.

It looks like your installation is damaged. you appear to be missing C:\PROGRA~1\CSCOpx\bin\pdcmd.exe. You will need to reinstall Common Services at the very least to correct this.

Solaris

./opt/CSCOpx/bin/pdshow ?