cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5 configuration

vinay_8812
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i have ciscoworks2.5 LMS tool, is there any link or document available on net through which i can easily configure it on my windows server

13 Replies 13

vinay_8812
Level 1
Level 1

Thanx for your help,

sorry i have no CCO login

so can i get it from any other link

again, i have no CCO login, how i can get this doc.

Now, what are the confg. change is required on managed router/switch in terms of SNMP support, protocol, syslog etc....

Can you reach this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps2425/products_quick_start09186a00805af28a.html

You need to enable snmp ro/rw on your devices to manage them in LMS. Also, you can setup other attributes like telnet, enable or tacacs authentication. Syslog would be enabled by the logging command

yes, i can reach this link, Is there any config. difference between LMS 2.5 and LMS 2.5.1,

Is this link can help me fully to config. LMS 2.5 on windows server

Hi,

LMS 2.5 and 2.5.1 are essentially the same. This guide should help you get LMS installed and walk you through setting it up to work.

Hi, I am config. LMS 2.5 on window server, the 1st CD i have installed is Commom services, In Server-Admin-Process management is shows services,jrm, CMFOGSServer, CmfDbEngine, ESS, LicenceServer, Proxy, EDS-TR, RmeGatekeeper, RmeOrb, TomcatMonitor are (shows program started, no mgt. msgs received)

what is this ?

These are LMS internal processes and from the status you are showing they are running fine.

why some services like, DCRServer CampusOGServer shows down after sometime?

LMS loves memory, throw as much into the server as possible. Our page file reaches 4gb + at times. When it does performance suffers badly.

To improve performance I find restarting the system daemons helps.

net stop crmdmgtd

net start crmdmgtd

always it required ?

In CS-device selector, device list is not shows why

why so many process goesdown everytime, and it required to restart the process