Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5 - DFM - E-Mail Notification

I've configured all settings required to receive e-mail notifications through DFM. I am successfully receiving e-mail notifications for "unresponsive" events for my switch.

However, I am not receiving "cleared" e-mail notifications. I've viewed the Alerts and Activities and the cleared events are showing up fine.

Under the Notification Group I created, I have the "Event Severity - Critical Box" checked and the "Event Status - Active & Cleared Boxes" checked

9 Replies 9

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First enable Notification Services debugging under DFM > Configuration > Other Configurations > Logging, then get a screenshot of your Notification Group that is being used by your email subscription. Then, reproduce the problem (i.e. get an event to clear that should be sent via email). Then get the NMSROOT/log/dfmLogs/NOS/nos.log.

Here is the nos.log file. I initiated debugging as recommended, then reloaded the switch.

I received an "unreachable" e-mail notification. The switch came back up fine, but I did not receive a "cleared" e-mail.

At exactly what time did the event clear in AAD?

13:33:07

Please provide the notification group screenshot.

Joe:

I was out last week, but wanted to follow up to see if the previous log file gave an indication why I didn't receive the "Clear" e-mail notification.

No which is why I wanted to see the notification group screenshot.

Here's the Notification Group Screenshots

Cleared and ManualCleared events are Informational. Therefore, you will need to also check Informational in your Notification Group. Once you do that, you will get the Cleared emails.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: