Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5 License Server?

pmorawski
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to run CiscoWorks LMS 2.5.

I installed CD One, RME. When I go (after login as admin) to server/admin/licencing I have following error: "Error communicating with License Server. License Server may be down. Please start the License Server, then refresh the page."

I used 90 day demo version.

Where should I look to troubleshoot the problem?

5 Replies 5

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Re-start the License Server process first

I used a batch command (cmd) from CSCOpx\bin directory (I don't remember batch name), there was the service LicenceServer with given PID and "running" status, but looking at PID I didn't found this process!

I suspect now, that the problem is with Cisco Daemon Manager service. First of all, RME installation program tried to stop crmdgmtd service, but this service was not responding. I finished RME installation killing dmgtd from process manager.

I see in service tab that Daemon Manager is running (automatic start), but something is wrong, because I couldn't stop this service, and applications using this service are not working or working very slowly.

My hardware meet Cisco requirements. I have polish version of Windows 2003 standard server, with all available hotfixes installed from microsoft site.

I will try tomorrow to install CW on clean system without updates, if unsuccessfull - I will try english version of Windows 2003 server.

I thought I read somewhere that only English and Japanese versions of Windows are supported...

Yes, it is true. It was my mistake. I changed OS to english and everything works now. I'm almost sure that 2 weeks ago at CW LMS 2.5 data sheet there was no such information (only Windows 2000/3 server). I found it first time reading RME manual.

rkb04071984
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

What your operation system language?

Cisco works only function with Windows english and japanese version.

Thanks