Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5 Machine Name Change

rodriguesl
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I would like to know if there is any problem if I change the LMS Machine Name in the windows 2003 server.

I'm having problems and the only thing that changed was the machine name.

How can I correct this?

Thanks,

LR

5 Replies 5

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure all of the following steps are completed when changing the machine name:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/cscowork/ps3996/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008022f962.html#wp1078582

Hi, I changed back to the old machine name but still it doesn't work. There is another problem that is, when I connect to the LMS I try to see the process and no process appears! Is there something I can do to overcome this problem?

Regards

LR

Did you restart the machine after changing back the name?

Are you sure the name is what it was? The procedure mentioned by David cotains some files that hold the original name. You may wish to verify.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi,

Yes it has the old name. Even thought I verified the procedure and found that some files had the new name, so I changed it back.

But now i noticed that the service crmdmgtd doesn't start:

The CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service is starting.

The CiscoWorks Daemon Manager service could not be started.

Can you help me?

regards

LR

My experience in many cases is that reinstall is faster then finding out what's wrong.

It can be a file somewhere or a registry entry.

Sorry pal.

Michel

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: