cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5 - User Tracking doesn't delete old enties.

mwynen
Level 1
Level 1

User tracking won't delete entries older than configured.

E.g. I configured UT to delete all entries older than 30 days after every Mayor acquisition. But i can still see entries from February. I'm also not able to delete them by pressing the 'Delete now' button.

What could this be?

Thank you.

regards

Marc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You might want to try:

If not setup already then set up the purge policy under User Tracking > Admin > Acquisition > Delete Interval and enter the value you need, then click on Delete.

In case this option is not functioning we can try the following procedure to clean User Tracking database from the command line:

Windows:

1. Stop the daemon manager by typing:

net stop crmdmgtd

2. Go to CSCOpx\campus\bin\ and type:

perl reinitdb.pl -restore

3. Start CiscoWorks daemon manager:

net start crmdmgtd

Solaris:

/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

./perl reinitdb.pl -restore

/etc/init.d/dmgtd start

After that wait some minutes before accessing CiscoWorks and start a new User Tracking

Acquisition to verify if the results are correct this time.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What version of Campus Manager are you running? What service pack version?

CM 4.0.5

Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP4

You might want to try:

If not setup already then set up the purge policy under User Tracking > Admin > Acquisition > Delete Interval and enter the value you need, then click on Delete.

In case this option is not functioning we can try the following procedure to clean User Tracking database from the command line:

Windows:

net stop crmdmgtd

perl reinitdb.pl -restore

net start crmdmgtd

Solaris:

/etc/init.d/dmgtd stop

./perl reinitdb.pl -restore

/etc/init.d/dmgtd start

After that wait some minutes before accessing CiscoWorks and start a new User Tracking

Acquisition to verify if the results are correct this time.

I did what you told me.

Now the database is empty an I will need to wait 30 days to sse if it will delete older entries.

Thanks for your help.

cheers

Marc

There is problem with this solution. You lose all the information not only in the user tracking but also all your Layer2 information. I have over 350 units and recreating the Layer2 takes alot of time. There must be another solution.

You can use reinitdb.pl -ut to just remove UT info and topo services info.

Hi David,

I'm quite impressed by this info. Infact I have struggled in the past to get this thing sorted out but failed.

BTW may I know from where did you get this info. Please share the URL where all this has been posted.

Regards,

Wilson Samuel

Thank you

That was the solution I was looking for. It cleans the UT database completely and nothing else :)

p.gentili
Level 1
Level 1

I am running lms 2.5.1 on Solaris and have the same issue. I also am having trouble with the Campus data collection getting stuck in a running state. Clearing the databases does not help. Escalated internally within Cisco. I'll post the outcome.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: