cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.5

carballovl
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 files: SyslogFirst.db (261 MB), Syslog Third.db (1.9 GB) and SyslogSecond.db (4.5 GB). They are increasing the size very fast. I need to move that to another disk. Who can I do that?

4 Replies 4

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Use the logrot (log rotation) utility, included with CiscoWorks. Just point the backups to a different physical drive.

These are database files, not log files. Thus logrot should not be used in this case.

I have these files also. Can they be deleted or trimmed to a smaller size? What are they used for?

I contacted the TAC for this problem. This was the answer:

"Regarding your question about the SyslogFirst.db, SyslogSecond.db and SyslogThird.db, these are the syslog databases for this version of CiscoWorks to store the syslog information from your devices.

Unfortunately, we will not be able to move the databases from one drive to another. These should exist in the same partition the CiscoWorks is installed since CiscoWorks ?knows? the default location for these on a certain default path on the same drive where it was installed.

We could rotate the log files and back them up on another partition, however this is not the same for the database files.

Therefore, to be able to have these on another partition with a bigger space you will need to uninstall CiscoWorks from the old drive and reinstall it in the new drive.

Please take a look at the following document for the minimum requirements for your CiscoWorks server:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_b/lms/lms25/lms25qsg.htm#wp65203

I hope this information helps! Please let me know if there is anything else that I could do for you at this moment regarding this service request or if you would like me to proceed with the closure"