Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

LMS 2.51 Upgrade

I just upgraded to 2.51 from 2.5 and now my RME database engine will not start. I try to start the RME NG database manual but the get the following messagess " Could not start the CiscoWorks RME NG database engine service on Local Computer. The service did not return an error. This could be an internal Windows error or an internal service err... And here is another messages from Web interface --->

How getting this message " Cannot connect to 'rmeng' database, please contact your Sys Admin.

So any ideas or have seen this?

Lance

5 REPLIES
Silver

Re: LMS 2.51 Upgrade

try to start the following services manually :

CiscoWorks ANI Databse Engine, CiscoWorks RME NG Database Engine, CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet Engine, CiscoWorks Visibroker Smart Agent, CiscoWorks Webserver, CWCS Cmf database engine

then go to the services and manually stop all of the above(do not modify the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager, CWCS rsh, CWCS syslog or CWCS

tftp services)

Once all the services are stopped, open a dos shell and go to:

CSCOpx\setup\support

Issue the command: resetcasuser

(answer the appropriate prompts)

Once that completes, try to start the CiscoWorks Daemon Manager

this should solve the issue.

I also just upgraded with 2.5.1 and my RME database engine will not start, I receive the same error when I try to start it up manually, I currently have a case open with TAC but they have not figured out the problem, they say that my case is the first that they've heard of, have you opened a case with them.

Here was the fix for TAC i got .. And it work..

1) Login with Administrative rights

2) Go to a command prompt, and type "net stop crmdmgtd" and wait 5 minutes to fully stop the processes.

3) Then cd to progra~1\CSCOpx\databases\rme

4) Remove/rename rme.log (if exists)

5) Type: dbsrv7 -f c:\progra~1\CSCOpx\databases\rme\rme.db (run this a couple of times)

6) Then type "net start crmdmgtd" and wait 5 minutes before accessing the application.

If you have a rmeng folder you should use this commands instead of the other ones:

1) Login with Administrative rights

2) Go to a command prompt, and type "net stop crmdmgtd" and wait 5 minutes to fully stop

3) Then go to progra~1\CSCOpx\databases\rmeng

4) Remove or rename rmeng.log (if exists)

5) Progra~1\CSCOpx\databases\rme> dbsrv9 -f rmeng.db (run this 5 times)

6) Then type "net start crmdmgtd" and wait 5 minutes before accessing the application.

Red

There is no need to run the dbsrv7 or dbsrv9 -f commands more than once.

Great, I actually was about to send you what TAC told me, which was the exact same thing they told you, I'm glad to hear that it work for you also.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content