cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 backups fails with bizarre error message

OLOF SAMUELSSON
Level 1
Level 1

The backups on one of my LMS servers fails with a message that does not make sense to me:

/cygdrive/d/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/DeviceDiscovery.properties : Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/d/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/ANIServer.properties : Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/d/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/discoverysnmp.conf : Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/d/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/datacollectionsnmp.conf : Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/d/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/Snmpv3EngineParam.txt : Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/d/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/UTSnmpv3EngineParam.txt : Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/d/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/users: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/d/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/archives: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/d/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/campus/etc/users: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/d/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/campus/etc/cwsi/ReportArchives: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/d/CSCOpx/bin/tar: /CSCOpx/htdocs/campus/maps: Cannot stat: No such file or directory

/cygdrive/d/CSCOpx/bin/tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors

ERROR(686): Cannot create or back up tar file. Backup cancelled. Verify that you have write-access to this directory.

Backup failed: 2008/03/17 04:40:50

Does this mean that tar has problems reading the files and dirs (they are all there) or does it actually imply that the permissions on d:\backupdir has become messed up?

BR,

Olof

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This means you have another Cygwin application installed on this machine, and it is interfering with the backup. You will need to remove apps like OpenSSH from the server, and make sure the following registry key is empty:

HKLM/Software/Cygnus Solutions/Cygwin/mounts v2

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This means you have another Cygwin application installed on this machine, and it is interfering with the backup. You will need to remove apps like OpenSSH from the server, and make sure the following registry key is empty:

HKLM/Software/Cygnus Solutions/Cygwin/mounts v2

I'm impressed! I tried to install Cygwin on this server a few years back (it didn't work,. since CW uses an arcane version of the DLL, but never mind) but did not clean up the registry afterwards.

The backups have worked in the meantime and seems to have stopped working after our latest CiscoWorks patching (updating CS, DFM and CM to the latest SPs), so I guess this may be related.

Never midn, I guess this will solve my issue.

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: