Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 / CiscoView 6.1.5: Accessing with User-Role Helpdesk

mullzkBern_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there

Small Problem: We have a Local User on LMS 2.6 (CS 3.0.6), which only has the Help-Desk Role. If he chooses a Device in CiscoView->ChassisView, he gets the following Error-Popup:

Failed to open device [IP-Addresse].

Cause

Device doesn't exist or there is problem with DNS resolution.

Action

Please verify the device existence and its hostname to IPAddress resolution

Edit {Users with higher Roles have no Problem with ChassisView}

- Did the Helpdesk-Role never have access to Chassis-View? I believe to remember that our Helpdesk-People could access it, but I'm not sure about it..

- The Error Message is highly confusing and sould be changed

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is known bug CSCsg55089. There is no fix for CV 6.1.5, but the workaround is to make sure either the IP address of the device is in DCR, or the hostname alone is resolvable (i.e. the hostname without the domain name suffix).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is known bug CSCsg55089. There is no fix for CV 6.1.5, but the workaround is to make sure either the IP address of the device is in DCR, or the hostname alone is resolvable (i.e. the hostname without the domain name suffix).

I have tried to put the IP in the DCR, but I am still not able to open CiscoView as a user with Network Operator permissions. I can open CiscoView as Application Administrator. Seems user N.O. cannot access any devices we have discovered. Any thing you can think of?

I had thought CSCsg26840 was fixed in 6.1.5, but it wasn't fixed until 6.1.6. To get the patch for 6.1.5, contact the TAC, and reference the bug.