cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 device discovery?

bmasten
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get everything discovered on the new lms2.6 server. I have gradually opened up the ip ranges for discovery but something is off. I am stuck at 272 Devices in the L2 map. When I look at Campus mgr home I see 342 devices discovered.

Thanks for any advice

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What is the status of these devices? Are all 342 reachable and known? If you click on the number 342 in Device Discovery you should see a list of the devices it picked up.

you can then see why there is a discrepancy, perhaps some devices are not reachable.

I did that and 14 are in an unreachable state. Most of those are firewall related issue that I am dealing with. So I am still puzzled about the remaining that are reachable but do not populate the map

Here's what you can do to troubleshoot:

Start with 1 device that is missing from the map and is in the other list:

- Is it in a reachable state?

- Is it a supported device? Some devices can be snmp and cdp supported, but not supported by the app

- Are the snmp comm strings correct? Can you snmpwalk it from LMS?

- Is CDP enabled?

If all of the above are correct then:

- Add it as a seed device? Does it appear?

- Is it on the other side of a firewall? Remember firewall won't pass CDP (layer 2)

If it still doesn't work then you may want to enable debugs in CM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: