cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 device managment

eliaspaulos
Level 1
Level 1

we have new stack able switch installed few weeks back the model is "c3750-IPBASE-M" model ws-c3750G-48TS-S. some reason CiscoWorks unable to detect this device. should I do different thing LMS able to detect and manage it?any help please!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The ACL is one way. However, you can go to Device Center > SNMP Walk, and try to perofmr an SNMP Walk with a starting OID of sysObjectID. If that doesn't work, then you'll have to backtrack through the network to find where udp/161 traffic is being blocked.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No. All you need is an SNMP read-only community string configured on the switch, and udp/161 must be open between the LMS server and the device. 3750 switches are managed just like standard devices in LMS.

thanks J. the snmp is configured however I don't know about udp161 is open how I can check the port is open on cisco devices? check the access-list?

The ACL is one way. However, you can go to Device Center > SNMP Walk, and try to perofmr an SNMP Walk with a starting OID of sysObjectID. If that doesn't work, then you'll have to backtrack through the network to find where udp/161 traffic is being blocked.

thanks, actually the device was not cdp enable. I just added as seed device and discover by CW. I hope this kind off issue resolved on LMS 3.1 the device discover other than cdp!!! thanks