Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 - DeviceDiscovery process in Transient state

richard.tetu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

If someone has an idea about this state of process, listed in the PDSHOW output .txt ?

- Transient terminated

- RC =2

The process DeviceDiscovery can't be launched. I tHink that maybe there is a mismatch in the configuration file:

Device.Properties

The RC in normal state has been set to: 0

Is is the attempts of process launching ?

Thanks

The customer is in Master -Slave mode, RME is the Master with a 16M Swap memory in W2K installed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You're seeing a very old known bug. You really need to upgrade to Campus Manager 4.0.12. However, to fix the immediate problem copy the DeviceDiscovery.properties.orig to DeviceDiscovery.properties. Then edit DeviceDiscovery.properties, and change the line DEVICESROOT= to:

DEVICESROOT=C:\\PROGRA~1\\CSCOpx\\campus\\lib\\classpath

Now you should be able to reconfigure your Discovery settings in the GUI. Once they are all back, you can re-run Discovery.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Martin Ermel
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

to which .txt file do you refer ?

'Transient terminated' is the correct status for DeviceDiscovery if there is no discorvery running.

If a discovery is running the status changes to 'Program started - No mgt msgs received'

The process DeviceDiscovery cannot be started manualy through cli. It is started automatically when you start a new Discovery Job through the GUI.

It 's ok for me but the log of the Discovery log shows a "Fatal error"

I would like to be sure that the job launched is running well .

I have attached the pdshow where we can see that the job is stopping after 2 seconds !!!!

Sorry i forgot that :

The pdshow has been launched in that way

C:\....\CSCOPX\pdshow > pdshow.txt

It results a txt file.

which version CM do you have? Have you installed any update lately?

Please post your NMSROOT\campus\etc\cwsi\DeviceDiscovery.properies file as an attachment

Please post the discovery.log.

Hello all,

I have attached the both files:

- Discovery.log

- DeviceDiscovery.properties

I precised that the job has been launched from Campus.

Richard.

you posted the DeviceDiscovery.properties.orig file not the DeviceDiscovery.properties file. The last one is used by the system while initializing the discovery process the former is the original version (without any customization like seeds etc.) as a backup. Please post your 'DeviceDiscovery.properties' file so that we can have a look if the file is broken.

Thanks all

I have attached now the file DeviceDiscovery.properties

Richard

You're seeing a very old known bug. You really need to upgrade to Campus Manager 4.0.12. However, to fix the immediate problem copy the DeviceDiscovery.properties.orig to DeviceDiscovery.properties. Then edit DeviceDiscovery.properties, and change the line DEVICESROOT= to:

DEVICESROOT=C:\\PROGRA~1\\CSCOpx\\campus\\lib\\classpath

Now you should be able to reconfigure your Discovery settings in the GUI. Once they are all back, you can re-run Discovery.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: