cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 DFM Errors DCRAdapter.log

sullim01
Level 4
Level 4

When I open DFM Device Selector I get the following error. An exception has occurred. Please check the DCRAdapter.log file. I am trying to Check off "Synchronize with Device Credential Repository". I don't know why it is unchecked. Going through the other screens in DFM I get the same errors. I am running LMS 2.6 on Windows 2003 Server SP2 with all the latest package service packs.

I opened up a TAC case which was useless. I run the Cisco ACS agent on the same box and they wont support it until it is removed. It has run on this box together for years unil recently when this all blew up. I am about to the point of a reinstall.

Attached is the log. I see the network connection failure in the log but cant figure out what is failing and where.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I found some details about ekrn.exe. It appears to be security-related, and it could be interfering with LMS. Can you disable this process, and restart CiscoWorks Daemon Manager?

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There may be a port conflict with this agent. Please post the output of pdshow.

There is not a port conflict. The ACS agent uses ports 2000 - 2005 or something a long those lines. I can shut down the ACS service and LMS has the same issues. Attached is the PDShow

Please post the output of netstat -a -n -o -b.

Here you go..

It looks like some of your daemons have either failed, or were never properly initialized. I'm also seeing this ekrn.exe process bound to a lot of CiscoWorks daemons. What is this?

I found some details about ekrn.exe. It appears to be security-related, and it could be interfering with LMS. Can you disable this process, and restart CiscoWorks Daemon Manager?

This is what I found based on your information. I checked into the ekrn.exe process which is NOD32. I just found out this application was installed a month or so ago. This was about the same time that LMS blew up. I stopped this service and LMS DFM no longer has any issues. Thank you for your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco