Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 -> Third Party NMS Integration query

el.piegrandes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We have a recent install of LMS 2.6 and wish to integrate it with an in-house developed 3rd party NMS. I am aware of the Ciscoworks Integration Utility as mentioned below:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/cscowork/ps3996/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00808590fa.html

Under the Installation section it indicates support for the following 3rd Party NMS':

NetView 7.1.5

NetView 7.1.4

HP Open View 7.5

This indicates to me that this is not the tool I am after.

Does anyone have experience with integrating LMS with NMS vendors other than those listed?

The basic aim is to monitor alarms & traps via our NMS.

Any tips would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,

Paul

3 Replies 3

David Stanford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We only integrate with the vendors/applications listed in the release notes and readme file for the Integ Utility.

There is no tool that will allow you to integrate another custom app with LMS.

However, in LMS 3.X you can add links to external tools.

Thanks for the response Davistan.

I suspected this is probably the case with the Integ Utility.

In that case I think what I need is a detailed description of the north-bound data format so that our coders know what to expect to receive from the LMS with regards to SNMP traps etc.

Does anybody have any idea where I might find this info?

Thanks again,

Paul

Thanks for the response Davistan.

I suspected this is probably the case with the Integ Utility.

In that case I think what I need is a detailed description of the north-bound data format so that our coders know what to expect to receive from the LMS with regards to SNMP traps etc.

Does anybody have any idea where I might find this info?

Thanks again,

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: