Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 monitor stack member,topology map, colored syslog messages

aijaz802
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using LMS2.6 with the default versions of other modules at one customer location, he need to implement the following issues, and I'm struck here.

I need to know whether we can view syslog messages in RME in color depending on the severity. Like Alert in red,error in brown..etc..

How do I know from ciscoworks when a switch in a stack is down/rebooted. Can I monitor the stack in realtime with some image..so that I can know when one stack memeber down.

In CM I have to make one base topology diagram showing main sites, when I click on the site, it should show me the devices under that site. Is it possible to do this?

Pls..guide me in this regard.

Regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I do not believe Cisco Monitor Manager will provide a per-member stack view. It does, however, provide a topology map that shows fault information. CMM does not integrate with LMS, and is typically deployed to smaller organizations without any other NMS solution.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Syslog messages cannot be colorized in RME.

DFM can process traps from the CISCO-STACKWISE-MIB. Therefore, if your stacks are sending traps to DFM, you will get alerts in the DFM Alerts and Activities Display when a stack member goes down. The command you must have enabled on your switch to generate the STACKWISE traps is:

snmp-server enable traps stackwise

Campus Manager supports hierarchical views, but not from the Topology Map. If you create a Topology Group in Campus Manager, you will be able to display that view, but you will not be able to drill down from a parent view to its child. The one exception is with Switch Clouds. On the LAN Edge View, each group of connected switches will appear as a Switch Cloud. If you display the entire LAN Edge View, you will be able to drill into the clouds.

You can still create Topology Views such as:

Base Topology

---Site 1

------Building 1

---Site 2

------Building 1

You will be able to display each view by right-clicking on it from the main Topology Services window.

Hi Clarke,

Thanks for the fast reply as usual.

Do I need to install CISCO-STACKWISE-MIB.oid in NMS or it will be there by default?

Regards,

DFM has all the instrumentation built in already.

Thanks for the reply..

Is any other cisco mgmt s/w has ability to monitor stack memeber status graphically in realtime? Like it should represent 5 switches of a stack in graphical along with connections, if one member switch goes down, it should alert in realtime to the monitoring team.

I read about Cisco monitor manager, does this support. Can I integrate it with CiscoWorks LMS? Should be installed standalone.

Regards,

I do not believe Cisco Monitor Manager will provide a per-member stack view. It does, however, provide a topology map that shows fault information. CMM does not integrate with LMS, and is typically deployed to smaller organizations without any other NMS solution.

Thanks...for the response..