cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 Notification

steffen.plorin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, please help to understand the notification from DFM 2.0 I read there was a TAC already open with pointing to the online help. It doesn't help me much. In example I have trouble to understand the event sets, how or why I need to activate from A to I sometimes mutiple for one Event code A & B & C. is there a URL on cisco page with more details or example, or can you help me to understand it please !

Gruss Steffen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can assign interesting events to one of the available event sets for purposes of configuring notification groups. An interesting event is one that you care about. For example, you want to receive emails when a device becomes unresponsive, is running out of memory, or has a flapping interface. You would pick an event set letter (A, for example), and check the boxes under A corresponding to the Unresponsive, InsufficientFreeMemory, and Flapping events.

Then, when configuring your Notification Group, you would choose the configured event set (A), and check the boxes under the event set for the severity and type of event.

You can have up to nine event sets for which you can create unique notification groups and notification subscripts. For example, maybe some users are interested in receiving email about one set events where other users care about different events.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can assign interesting events to one of the available event sets for purposes of configuring notification groups. An interesting event is one that you care about. For example, you want to receive emails when a device becomes unresponsive, is running out of memory, or has a flapping interface. You would pick an event set letter (A, for example), and check the boxes under A corresponding to the Unresponsive, InsufficientFreeMemory, and Flapping events.

Then, when configuring your Notification Group, you would choose the configured event set (A), and check the boxes under the event set for the severity and type of event.

You can have up to nine event sets for which you can create unique notification groups and notification subscripts. For example, maybe some users are interested in receiving email about one set events where other users care about different events.

He Experts,

I looking forward and want to find a email notification for BRI maininterface up/down event, on 28xx router. Not the sub ISDN channels only the main interface for voice service. I need to know if Layer 1 is active or deactivated. Does some one can help ?

Danke Gruss Steffen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: