cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 problem with "odbc".tmplorig

stevejhale
Level 1
Level 1

Due to a little script running to remove .tmp files these files have been removed from the system. We are running a Windows 2000 server. I am looking to recreate this file or run a database clean then reimport via CSV. Can anyone offer any help with this issue? If I took a copy of the odbc tmplorig file from another install then ran the commands to clean the db would this work?

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can copy an orig file from another LMS server (provided it's the same version of LMS). If all that is missing is the tmplorig, you do not need to run anything after copying the file over.

Excellent thank you very much.

What happened was a script was setup by another team to del *.tmp /s so this odbc file was involved also involved is odbc.tmpl am I ok to copy this as well (from another system)?

No, this file cannot be copied over. This file stores the current database password. If this file is lost, and you do not have a backup, then you will have to reinitialize your database. To do that, run:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=DSN dmprefix=DMPREFIX

Where DSN is the datasource name (e.g. rmeng) and DMPREFIX is the Daemon Management prefix (e.g. RME).

I tried this and got the following message, I have an import file ready and all I really need is a clean new databse to import to. Thamks for your assistance.

perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=ani dmprefix=ANI

D:\CSCOpx\bin>perl dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=cmf dmprefix=Cmf

ERROR: dmprefix specified is invalid.

ERROR: The dsn cmf is currently registered using dmprefix ANI

Okay, it looks like you've copied the ani odbc.tmpl to cmf. That won't work. Copy the cmf odbc.tmplorig to odbc.tmpl, then try running the dbRestoreOrig.pl command.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: