cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 - Software Interfaces not listed in DFM

tadams7541
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having an issue where not all of the configured interfaces on my routers are being pulled back to DFM for management. All of the routers affected are 2811's with a Loopback interface for management. When I look at DFM, I see that there are 3 interfaces available to manage/unmanage (fe1,2 , and serial), but the Loopback interface is not there. The Loopback interface shows up whenever I do SNMP walk the device so I know it should be appearing. The software interfaces on every other router and switch seem to be pulled back to DFM just fine.

Any ideas as to how I can get the software interfaces to show up? I'd like to set a couple unnecessary ones to an unmanaged state to get rid of some false alarms, but I'm unable to do so since they are not under "interfaces" in the device management tool. DFM apparently will alert on them, but I can't find a way to turn them off.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Internally, DFM associates a pattern for allowed virtual interfaces which does not include loopbacks.  This is not done for all platforms.  To override this behavior, edit NMSROOT/objects/smarts/conf/discovery/tpmgr-param.conf, and add the following line:

IFDescrPattern-.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.576 *

Note: that sysObjectID is for the 2811.  If you have other devices exhibiting the same problem, you will need to add similar lines with their sysObjectIDs.

After making this change, restart Daemon Manager.  Then, delete the problem devices from DFM, and re-add them.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Internally, DFM associates a pattern for allowed virtual interfaces which does not include loopbacks.  This is not done for all platforms.  To override this behavior, edit NMSROOT/objects/smarts/conf/discovery/tpmgr-param.conf, and add the following line:

IFDescrPattern-.1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.576 *

Note: that sysObjectID is for the 2811.  If you have other devices exhibiting the same problem, you will need to add similar lines with their sysObjectIDs.

After making this change, restart Daemon Manager.  Then, delete the problem devices from DFM, and re-add them.

This worked great! Thank you so much for the assistance.

Do you know where I can find the other IFDescrPattern lines for other devices? I may have a couple that will require the same type of change.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: