cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 Standard Credentials

glynncounty
Level 1
Level 1

I am learning to user our LMS 2.6 setup I have been trying to follow along with the tutorials that came with the documents CD in the original installation set. Under Common services-device and credentials-standard credentials I have the following...

We have a standard enable password and only have a RO community string.

I can't seem to create anything on our devices. Do i need to add a snmp RW string to all my devices and create a local user and password on all devices in order to get the lms functioning?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, SNMP read-write is not required, but you will need to enter a username/password or a password. That is, if your devices are not using AAA, and present a Password prompt on initial telnet, then enter a password and an enable password in DCR. If the devices require a Username, then enter a Username, Password, and enable password in DCR. That will give you the ability to run Netconfig and Config Editor jobs in RME to make changes.

If, however, you want to configure the device in Campus Manager or CiscoView, then you will need to configure an SNMP read-write credential on the device and in DCR.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, SNMP read-write is not required, but you will need to enter a username/password or a password. That is, if your devices are not using AAA, and present a Password prompt on initial telnet, then enter a password and an enable password in DCR. If the devices require a Username, then enter a Username, Password, and enable password in DCR. That will give you the ability to run Netconfig and Config Editor jobs in RME to make changes.

If, however, you want to configure the device in Campus Manager or CiscoView, then you will need to configure an SNMP read-write credential on the device and in DCR.

thankyou that answers my question