Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 Syslog not logging from one device

aijaz802
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

LMS 2.6 syslog is working fine for all the devices but from one device its not logging anything... Where as this device is configured properly and tested with solarwinds syslog server and its works fine... I have configured two servers on this switch its sending logs to both configured syslog server, the solarwinds server records it but Ciscoworks does not...

I suspect somewhere in Ciscoworks this ip might be blocked...

Anyone got similar problem...r any solutions please..

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First check that the messages are making it to the syslog.log file (Windows) or the syslog_info file (Solaris). If the messages are not making it there, then there must be a network issue which is preventing udp/514 packets from making it to the LMS server.

If the messages are seen in the raw syslog log, the next step is that the SyslogCollector process will read the messages and filter them. Check your configured filters under RME > Tools > Syslog > Message Filters to make sure these messages are not being dropped.

Assuming messages from other devices are properly appearing in the RME database, the problem must be one of these two things.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First check that the messages are making it to the syslog.log file (Windows) or the syslog_info file (Solaris). If the messages are not making it there, then there must be a network issue which is preventing udp/514 packets from making it to the LMS server.

If the messages are seen in the raw syslog log, the next step is that the SyslogCollector process will read the messages and filter them. Check your configured filters under RME > Tools > Syslog > Message Filters to make sure these messages are not being dropped.

Assuming messages from other devices are properly appearing in the RME database, the problem must be one of these two things.

Hi,

Thanks clarke.... I was filtering the messages by severity level keeping only upto level 5 and I'm trying to test syslog server with severity level 5.

Best Regards....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: