cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 /Under Solaris - Data collection

richard.tetu
Level 1
Level 1

Under Campus Manager , the data collection has been launched but never ending (since January ).

The campus manager version is a 4.0.10 one. Does someone know which process has been invoked when data collection is running ?

Is there a PDSHOW batch like in windows which could be analyzed ?

I had doing a test , even if it's in window, but when the PDSHOW has been running, the output has never showed the process associated with Data Collection ( started from the GUI).

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Data Collection is handled by ANIServer. ANIServer should always be running, however, even when Data Collection is not. The only safe way to force a Data Collection to stop is to restart dmgtd. The pdshow command on Solaris can be found in /opt/CSCOpx/bin.

The customer has did a restart dmgtd , but the CampusManager is showing that the the DataCollection si still running form January.

It could be a bug or a process blocked....

Have someone have an idea , has the pdshow don't showing anything relevant ?

You haven't posted a pdshow output. If the customer really restart dmgtd, then Data Collection should not still show running. Where are they seeing this? A screenshot of the problem would help.

Thanks

I have posted : the pdshow and an a screenshot of the CM's GUI.

Richard

I have added the ani.zip ( who is the zip og the ani.log)as i saw a ANI.exception base .

First, the time shown is the last time Data Collection completed, not when it was last started. Second, Daemon Manager was not restarted since February 11. I also see a database error in the ani.log on 3/9.

I suggest you actually restart Daemon Manager to get ANIServer and ANIDbEngine to resync. If the database errors continue, you may need to reinitialize the ANI database.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco