cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6: username minimum length

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It's not letting me create a local user with a name fewer than 5 chars.

Validation Error

Invalid username: It should be atleast 5 characters.

Is there any way around that? The ones inherited from LMS 2.2 are fine.

Can I manually stick it in cwpass?

1 Accepted Solution
4 Replies 4

Nice to know that method. In a pinch, I manually added a user to cwpass, which turned out alright for my purpose too, without having to restart any process.

Does the resetLoginModule.pl script erase the ACS server credentials currently stored?

Is there any way to adjust the timeout value of how long LMS waits for ACS?

I just noticed that when I toggled from TACACS+ (with debug OFF) to CiscoWorks Local, the latter setting got saved with debug ON by default. This was in the non-ACS mode.

Does each instance of SCP to/from a Cisco router/switch take up a VTY line? I'm seeing our MOTD in the list of Partially Successful Config Archive devices:

partial

rtr1 PRIMARY STARTUP Jul 02 2007 02:14:53 SSH: Failed to establish SSH connection to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - Cause: Connection refused. TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - Cause: Connection refused. PRIMARY-STARTUP config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP. Failed to fetch config using SCP.(truncated MOTD banner)

The resetLoginModule.pl script only disables the login module, it does not affect its configuration. The timeout for TACACS+ is hardcoded. Each SCP session does take up a VTY line.