Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 UT issue

mwynen
Level 1
Level 1

Hy.

I found that some of our r.a. 1800 devices that seem to be managed correctly doesn't have any UT data although there should be data. At UT acquisition page I can see the following information.

"Last acquisition type none

Acquisition start time 10 Mar 2009, 10:09:54 CET

Acquisition end time 10 Mar 2009, 15:18:20 CET

Number of major acquisitions 0 "

The mayor acquisition is scheduled for 10 and 14 every day.

This looks like a failure to me. How could I fix this?

cheers

Marc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, you are seeing one of a few bugs where a NullPointerException causes Data Collection not to work. You need to upgrade to Campus Manager 4.0.12, run a new Data Collection, and this problem should be fixed. Campus Manager 4.0.12 can be downloaded via Common Services > Software Center > Software Update.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It looks like UT acquisitions are running since it took five hours for the acquisition to complete. Are you seeing any records in User Tracking for any devices?

Only some divices show data, but not all.

Okay. Pick one switch for which there is no data in UT. Verify that the switch is showing up with a green switch icon on the Campus Topology Map. If so, make sure that the switch does not have a '@' in its community string. If it does, remove it, adjust the credentials in DCR, and run a new UT acquisition. If you are using SNMPv3, make sure the switch is configured for SNMPv3 contexts.

Hy.

I can't find the device inside of the topology services!

But the inventory has been collected and also the configuration has been fetched. The community strings are correct and doesn't contain any "@". The credentials are correct as CW told me.

What could be the reason this device can't be found in the topology servics?

cheers

Marc

You may have configured Data Collection filters excluding this device under Campus Manager > Admin > Campus Data Collection > Data Collection Filters. If the server is integrated with ACS, Campus Manager may not have permissions to manage this device, or your user may not have permissions to access it. Finally, you may just need to start a new Campus Data Collection from the Campus Manager homepage.

The configured filters do not exclude this device.

The LMS is not intregrated with ACS.

Camupus Data Collection is starting automatically every night at 03:00 and finished the last time at 03:37. Didn't fix the issue. :-(

Any ideas?

from the Campus Manger Home page, click on the number of devices in teh 'Results' column of 'Data Collection. The page that opens shows all device of the last Data Collection. Is your device listed here ? Does the device has a neighbor listed ?

If not, in Topology View the device might be listed in the 'unconnected Device' view.

The device is neither listed at the Data Collection nor at the 'unconnected device' list.

What can I do to make CW collect data for all of my devices?

I have a feeling you're seeing a known bug. What version of Campus Manager is this?

These version are in use:

CiscoWorks Common Services 3.0.5

Campus Manager 4.0.8

CiscoView 6.1.5

Device Fault Manager 2.0.6

Internetwork Performance Monitor 2.6.0

Integration Utility 1.6.0

Resource Manager Essentials 4.0.5

Yes, you are seeing one of a few bugs where a NullPointerException causes Data Collection not to work. You need to upgrade to Campus Manager 4.0.12, run a new Data Collection, and this problem should be fixed. Campus Manager 4.0.12 can be downloaded via Common Services > Software Center > Software Update.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: