I recently tried to apply the patch in the subj. to my LMS 2.6 on Solaris 9 and after that I could no longer use the Change Audit UI, instead of two versions of the config before and after change I'd get an Apache/Tomcat exception.
This patch is suppose to fix the performance issue with the device selector (and it does fix it), some issues with the Baselining tool. I had to restore the backed up original files that patch had modified (except for two that were seems like responsible for the device selector issue); got he Change Audit UI working again and the device selector is still OK.
Was wondering if anyone else had the same issue after applying the patch
I have not seen any issues after applying this patch, and I have not seen any reports of customer problems. What Tomcat exception did you see? It may help in determining if the problem is with the patch or elsewhere.
I activated the relevant patched files again:
(the other two RMEDevice* files that were patched I did not touch during the troubleshooting), so all 5 files in LMS2.6 are from the patch.
Interesting to note that if I compare two versions of the config via Config Archive, I do not get the exception.
I do see the potential for this exception in the code, but I do not see how this patch could have triggered it. Your first post and this latest post seem to contradict themselves. Exactly what do you do to reproduce this exception?
To get the exception appear I reapplied the patch (all 5 files were replaced with the ones from the patch tar).
To get the Change Audit UI working again (to get rid of the exception) I will have to replace the patched ConfigTemplateClientImpl.class, DCMABaseLineConfigAction.class, DcmaInvClient.class with the original versions
That's not what I wanted to know. I want to know what you did WITHIN THE APPLICATION to get this exception. That is, what was everything you clicked on in the GUI that led you to this error?
Ok, the following access scenarios would lead to the exception:
- from the Home page of RME click on '24 Hour Changes / Config Change' hyperlink, will get to the 'Change Audit 24 hour Report' log, then click on 'Details' link against any reported device and the next screen will be the exception.
- from the Resource Manager Essentials page (the main one with all the tabs) click on Reports tab, then Report Generator, then 'Change Audit' as an application and then either '24 hour report' or 'Standard Report', check the 'RME' group in the device selector, leave the Criteria fields as 'All' (default), then either leave the '24 hours' checked or choose a time range from the calendar, upon submission will get 'Change Audit Standard or 24 Hour Report', click on 'Details' link next to any devices and get the exception.
30 min ago I rebooted the entire box and everything is OK now, the scenarios above I tried before no longer cause the exception, I hope it stays this way
I can reproduce this problem using the second method. There does seem to be a problem with the DcmaInvClient.class. If this file alone is replaced with the original version (i.e. not the patched version) you should not encounter this error.
The problem with the patch has been identified, and a new patch should be on Cisco.com by the end of the week. Thanks for the report.