Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LMS 2.6: Worth for the given network?

Hi friends,

I have been asked to recommend on a good SNMP based network management software to manage the routers, switches and Access points in a small / medium business network. And I have come up to choose Cisco LMS 2.6. The exact part numbers that I have chosen are:

1. CWLMS-2.6-R-K9

CiscoWorks LMS 2.6 Enterprise for Windows and Solaris, with 300-device restricted license and one server-installation license.

2. CON-SAS-LMS26R

Software Application Support (SAS) for CiscoWorks LMS 2.6 Enterprise for Windows and Solaris server systems with 300-device restricted license. Provides Cisco TAC support, Cisco.com Software Center access, and minor updates.

The network consists of the following:

1. 21 Cisco 3560 switches (WS-C3560-24TS-S)

2. 1 Cisco 3550

3. 2 Cisco 2600 routers

4. 40 Cisco 1230AG access points

5. 1 Cisco 3550 switch

Are all these devices supported by the LMS? Is LMS only for Cisco based devices or does it work with any SNMP supported devices?

I request your feedback on the part numbers chosen and any further suggestions in this regard.

Thanks a lot

Gautam

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: LMS 2.6: Worth for the given network?

Yes, LMS 2.6 supports all of these devices. LMS is a Cisco-only management solution.

The part numbers you have chosen are fine for this size network.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content